Raise your hand if you have ever fallen of the so called wagon?
Right, so I'm sure at one stage or another we have all struggled simply just beginning or getting back on track. I think the first thing to realise is that anything worthwhile having IS NOT going to be something that happens instantly. That is a trap A LOT of people fall into (myself included)
So recently I have had one of those phases where you think things can't possibly get any fucking worse, but guess what they do. Prior to the shit storm I was going so well most aspects of my life were on track.. then BOOM the shit storm arrived, I fell off the wagon. BOOM, CRASH, FLAMES that wagon was demolished.
I had a pity party consumed enough cake probably to feed the entire of Australia, wont even tell you how many blocks of KitKat gold I ate, cried enough tears to fill a swimming pool or 7 and let me tell you it was a slippery slope trying to get back on track so below I am going to list things that helped me get back on track.
1. GOAL - Make sure you have one, See I had a goal for so long and I was busting my nuts to reach that, without the goal I felt like I had no where to get to. I lost track and from there was no longer accountable.
2. SUPPORT - Make sure you are around people who make you be/do better, I am so very lucky the people I surround myself with helped get me out of the funk I was in. Support really helps.
3. PLAN - For me this has been the biggest thing, having a plan for the week has helped keep me on track and my actions accountable. Preparing food and having it ready to go for the week is a big lifesaver.
4. BE KIND TO YOURSELF - Its a hard pill to swallow but its important to realise that you actually need to be kind to yourself, for me I wasn't used to what I was seeing staring back at me after eating Australia's cake supply & KitKat gold supply then came all the negative self talk which lead on a downhill spiral.
5. MINDSET - Without a good mindset you are fucked.
6. PATIENCE - Realise that its not an instant process, Beyonce was not built in a day.
7. MAKE SURE YOU ENJOY WHAT YOU ARE DOING - Enjoying what you choose to do is crucial, the more you enjoy it the more likely you are to stick to it.